Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Wyoming Water Wonder

When dad had the sprinkler system put in, he also had a drip-line put in the flower box areas (so some of Dad's ideas are good). You all know that the raspberries are in the back flower box and it is amazing what a little water each and every day does for output of raspberries. We have been picking non-stop since they have come on and they are delicious. Matt says they aren't as sweet as Grandma Haderlie's, but I'm just excited about the amount we have this year. Ariel has picked them several times for us and of course we all sneak 2 or 3.......handfuls as we go by. This morning Ariel and I went and picked two and a half pounds of raspberries and there are still more to come. I was surprised and saddened by how many had already become to ripe and dried on the branches. I've also been surprised that the birds haven't been stealing them - a nasty mean bee keeps guard on them though.



4 comments:

Melanie said...

YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

Those raspberries are delicous & I still say we should make jam. (so I can take it to school...)

Vickie said...

Oh my, those look yummy!! I want to have some raspberry bushes in my yard someday. What are you going to do with all of them? Make jam? Freeze them?

luvmymunchkins said...

I'm jealous. Raspberries are so darn expensive down here.